- GQ: How do you define style?
- Tom Hardy: Like this grooming and styling thing? It's fucking poodles. Human poodles. I feel sorry for a poodle because he's a dog. You know, a dog is a fucking great creature. They would do anything for you. And the poodle gets a haircut. No one asks if the poodle wants his hair cut like that. Do they? They just fucking cut his hair like that. And he just walks around. And everyone is like, "Why is that poodle so snarky?" Fuck you.
- mom: emily what is that in your bag
- me: it's a towel
- me: you know...for towel day?
- me: *deep breath*
- me: a towel has immense psychological value. for some reason, if a strag discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, etc. the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might accidentally have lost. what the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
- mom: you are not bringing that with you anywhere in public
- me: mom
- me: were you not listening
- me: i need to know where my towel is